Monday, September 3, 2012

"UnBound" - Woodstock, VT Show

July 29, 2011

In conjunction with the annual Bookfest in Woodstock, the Artistree Gallery held a juried art show called,  "UnBound".  Artists submitted entries in a variety of mediums using the book as a focal point of their work.







                               

My application included three entries. I had done a series of birdhouses based on different books. The roof of the birdhouse was created from the book itself. The birdhouse was decorated with excerpts and pictures from the book that summarized the theme of the book. One entry was accepted for the show ... the Toulouse Lautrec Birdhouse.  On each birdhouse I used a special perch based on birdhouse theme. In the case of the Lautrec, I used a Barbie leg in a fishnet stocking and bright pick stiletto high heel as a metaphor for the dancers at the Moulon Rouge.

I particularly enjoyed the diversity of the entries. Very original ideas. Very pleased to have my work included in the company of the other artists juried in the show.  Was able to attend the opening for the show ... much larger crowd that I expected.

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment