Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Artists' Expressions - Windsor VT Show


 August 2012

                         

We were on a retirement adventure in Windsor, VT and decided to check out the Nuance Gallery there.    We met the gallery owner, Nancy Silliman, and found out that she knew our neighbor Paul. Nancy told me that a new show was opening soon and invited me to submit an application to have pieces juried into the show. I sent in an application and emailed pictures of my work the next day. Unfortunately, there was a mixup in the mail and email and my application was misplaced. About two weeks after the show opened , Nancy called to tell me that she had just found the application and to apologize. She offered to let me bring in my pieces late and to participate in a 2nd opening later in the month. I jumped at the chance. I got to be in the show and to be the feature artist at the 2nd opening. It was a great deal for me.  At the conclusion of the show, I moved my pieces over to another section of the gallery so they could remain up for the duration of the next show as well.



Nancy Silliman at the 2nd opening. The rain was steady ... the crowd was small ... but I met some other artists and got a good lead for a potential show in Cornish. Not to mention getting to do my dog & pony show at  a new gallery.
















                          Rock River Bounty




















Precipice














                                 Ancient Voyager















Untitled















                                                             Untitled


No comments:

Post a Comment