Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ideas for Deb












Deb,

Thought about your sugarhouse project that we talked about the other night. A lot depends on size of the space as to what might work best. Here are a few ideas that you might consider.


You mentioned the idea of a window. I lean toward something that is hung on the space rather than painted on it.I like something that stand out from the wall for more of a 3-D look. One example, is an actual window that has been  painted. I have one in the barn with daylillies. Not sure if an actual window is large enough for the space.





Another possibility would be some type of sculpture. Most of the sculptures that I have are clearly to small for the space. I do have one called "Voyage on the River Styx" that I believe would be large enough. It is a driftwood and found object piece.




I also thought about a grouping on the wall.  A grouping should fill the space adequately.  Here is one I have on my barn as an example.



Was working on a piece this weekend called "Cycling" which uses circles, concentric circles, a bicycle wheel, etc. to explore that idea of the nature of life cycles.  This is is not quite finished, but it is an example of a piece that also should be large enough for the area.  Not a great pix because it is not hung yet.




Lastly, I considered a sunflower pix like you talked about. I had a barn board piece that I could redo, so I decided to do some painting today. I still need to do some finishing touches on this one, but it is large and uses a particularly bright palette given the nature of the invented flowers.




Not sure if any of these are what you are looking for or if they appeal to you. They may, however, give you some ideas as to what type of things best meets your need.

bruce


No comments:

Post a Comment