Monday, July 5, 2010

the moment when ALL is known


Finished this piece this week for the upcoming show. I suppose one could interpret it religiously with some Pearly Gates ideas or a final stand before a deity. But for me it represent the unbearable anguish one would face when the heart is laid open and all one's secret thoughts, beliefs, fears, etc. are laid bare for the world to see.

The head section had a feel similar to "The Scream" for me. I used a slightly reeling stance to represent the impact of the revulsion and the rusted, heart-shaped lock to be the heart. For me the piece speaks directly toward
our inadequacies or fear of inadequacies. "What is people really knew?" I wonder if this fear isn't stronger than the fear of death itself. The bones pieces represent the eyes forever watching us from the dark of the forest ... shining red. I used rock stacking on the base as a representation of the false solidity of mankind's achievements and structures ... easily toppled. On the lower base, I included a thumbprint. It seemed unique symbol for All there is about a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment