Sunday, February 21, 2010

WELCOME TO MY ART BLOG

My art pieces generally have names. I give them the names … so maybe they are just aliases … aka. This blog tells the stories behind my art. In reality, I cannot actually describe my art to you. Have you read Einstein’s Dreams? It is about multiple realities or multiple interpretations of his theory of relativity. I believe the author has a point. I cannot describe my art to you. I can only describe my interpretation of the art. My reality. What you see when you view the piece may not be the same. I don’t mean that you see it differently. I mean it might not be the same. If you adopt it, you may give it your family name.

The process of creating art is always complex though, at times, it may not appear so. The process is composed of a multitude of both complementary and oppositional aspects. Like content … materials … intent … innuendo. Every aspect has purpose and every step along the way has a reality of its own. The process is filled with something else. It is filled with what is not there. Like I said, it’s complex. When it all comes together, it has meaning. That meaning, taken with the physical, gives the piece a sense of wholeness. Circles. Circles of life. They show up in everything I do.

When you achieve a state of wholeness in a piece, it has a voice. It’s the voice that is used to enable a conversation between the piece and the viewer. I think that is what I am ultimately seeking. Not every viewer and every piece can have a conversation. But when they do … it is special.

No comments:

Post a Comment